The heart of our community is our Facebook group, join Galactic Hitchhikers HERE
This living document will serve as guidelines for all aspects of the Galactic Hitchhiker's community.
Galactic Hitchhikers is an unofficial fandom club and community,founded May 26th 2011.
A Fellowship of the Frood.
Galactic Hitchhikers- field researchers and contributors to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. A place for those who hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where our towels are.
We see the Guide as a filter to see the universe through, it reminds us that life is far too ridiculous to be taken too seriously. We are science and science-fiction fanatics, social activists, and hopeful futurists. We are space-hippies and dreamers, gamers and geeks, self-professed professional slackers, forward thinkers and generally good folk.
Galactic Hitchhikers is a community of like minded individuals, dedicated to sharing the ride on planet Earth. Offbeat observations on life, the universe, and everything; We share our experiences, laughter, and hope.
Dudeists/Froodists, and seekers of the Tao of the Towel, Taowelism©; We proudly welcome one and all, anyone who would enter as friends. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.
This community is about you, get involved, be excellent to each other, Share and Enjoy!
1. Discussions sometimes become debates, and debates sometimes lead to disagreement. Disagreements can be at times imbued with strong emotion. It is expected that all parties with a quarrel or disagreement conduct themselves with dignity and mutual respect. Our community standard is to agree to disagree.
2. If there is a dispute, or an issue that cannot be peaceably mediated we ask that our admin staff is contacted. If a post contains vulgarity, hate speech, or intolerance we ask that the post is reported to the admin staff. Our team will address these issues with priority. Attempting to dispute a post, or exchange in negative banter about a post that contains vulgarity, hate speech, or intolerance is forbidden.
3. We are a sci-fi community, so at times we offer sci-fi resolutions to problems. As such, any member may call upon Convention 15 of the Shadow Proclamation, invoking an immediate cessation of hostile actions in order to parley, invoking mediation by our admin team. This may be cited by any parties involved in a dispute, or any member in regards to it. All community members are to respect and abide the citation, and agree to await the admin staff.
4. All members agree to abide by the resolutions offered by the mediating Admins.
5. If no resolution can be reached via mediation through Admins, the Editor in Chief (Zaxley Nash) may step in to either offer a final decision, or in matters of great importance or public interest put the matter to vote through a poll created for the group.
Miscellaneous agreements and adages
1.May 25th each year is Towel Day, the high hoopy holiday of the frood.
2. The Towel Day Ambassador Contest is a sacred institution, and we honor each year’s Ambassador fully as a representative of both the Galactic Hitchhikers community and too the Hitchhiker’s Guide/Douglas Adams Fandom on the whole.
3. There is no such thing as a former Towel Day Ambassador. Once elected they are always an Ambassador.
4. All of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by print or film, audio recording, stage or holographic mind probe is the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Reality is frequently inaccurate, the Guide is always correct. The 2005 film is just as viable a part of our fandom as any other
5.We welcome ALL fandoms into our hoopy haven
6. The dress was blue
7. You are whoever you want to be when you are here. Real life, roleplay and just being generally fun have no division or separation lines to abide. Hence our very own Dale Who and The Galactic Philosopher known Lloyd T. Rich, aka “Time Lloyd” are in fact Time Lords. Zaxley Nash is Betelgeusean, and due to the myriad of intersecting multi-verses constantly intermingling we have enough room for dozens of Arthur Dents.
8. In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Galactic Hitchhikers can be found neatly tucked away in the tertiary sub-menus normally reserved for scrambled pay per view sub-etha channels, under the apocryphal sub-editorials and personal ads; the entirety of which being categorized under [CITATION NEEDED].
Only fill in if you are not human