Under Construction…

Under Construction…

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Anthony Burdge Anthony Burdge 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Zaxley Nash
    Zaxley Nash
    Keymaster

Be patient, we are working hard to sort out a ton of new site features!

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

Whoa, it’s cozy in here…right on Frood!

Zaxley Nash
      Zaxley Nash
      Keymaster

Still have a bunch to do, but it’s progressing nicely. Later I’ll have a custom video on the front page.

Anthony Burdge
        Anthony Burdge

Progressing quite nicely, I saw the Hg2g opening video yesterday, today its space, rather big portion of space, but looking good frood!

Jan Dujardin
    Jan Dujardin
    Participant

(looks to the sky to make sure there are no Vogon constructor ships in sight)

Jan Dujardin
    Jan Dujardin
    Participant

Apparently I can post but I can’t edit my posts.

Zaxley Nash
      Zaxley Nash
      Keymaster

You can edit for five minutes after the post is made.

Zaxley Nash
    Zaxley Nash
    Keymaster

Coming soon, Earn Ningis to get badges. What do badges do? Nobody knows.

Zaxley Nash
      Zaxley Nash
      Keymaster

Forums are 3rd on the To Do list as per getting all this nonsense functioning. I added badges to profiles tonight, just a few to get started. They are rewards for site activities. Everyone also has a balance of Ningis. I’ll explain that more as I get the accompanying stuff in place, but they are also reward points. The structure for badges and Ningi is experimental at this point, and may change.

Zaxley Nash
    Zaxley Nash
    Keymaster

…I am adding features quicker than I can understand them, lol. Lots to sort, lots to do.

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

The functionality appears to improved quite a bit, great job syncing the intertubes of it all, understandably it is a work in progress. I was able to update profile and cover photo seamlessly, just not sure how many Ningis I now have accrued, and where to spend them :-p
    I recall if memory serves a service called Ning from many years ago — is that part of what you have installed, hence Ningi?

Zaxley Nash
      Zaxley Nash
      Keymaster

I’ll have some more coming on how we’ll be using the Ningis. Mostly they can be used to buy Pu, but because of inflation in this star system I am afraid the exchange rate will be 1000% higher than the Galactic standard.

Zaxley Nash
        Zaxley Nash
        Keymaster

…The Ningi, you might recall, is a galactic unit of currency, valued at one eighth of a Triganic Pu. It is a triangular rubber coin six thousand eight hundred miles along each side. Galactibanks refuse to deal in Ningis, declaring them “fiddling small change.”

-Fit the Fifth of the radio series.
        -The 1981 television series, when the Guide is listing currencies in the Universe.

Zaxley Nash
          Zaxley Nash
          Keymaster

…In all seriousness though, the Ningis will eventually be used to buy things and stuff from the GH store that does not yet exist. I would like to implement membership cards and member packages among other things. The Ningis will allow a way to earn the package and just pay for shipping. Members will of course be able to just buy the membership cards and packages outright via paypal, but knowing that not everyone can or will want to shell out I figured it would be fun to have a way to earn it. As I am sure you’ve noticed they are rewarded for site activity. The system is experimental at this point, and the values may change. I’ll be setting up a new menu for the whole shabang in the near future, but eventually members will be able to exchange Ningis between each other, and a banking system that will allow for compound interest on them. There will also be a leaderboard and way to check your balance. It’s a crypto currency so cryptic that it will have absolutely no value in terms of Terran funding.

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

LOL, this made me smile, and I did not recall at the time, as brain memory is still fluctuating under new diabetic meds. But all sounds rather hoopy, and looking forward to writing again on here.

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

Just checked out new features on profile, social network integration et all– very very cool.

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

It is probably due to your working on it, but I tried going into WordPress Admin area where I would work on posts and am not able to as it redirects to the site now, all I can see are stats. How do I work on updating the Thumbtoast page, such as the sub-page I created for last year and this years album? Plus post articles, do I write one on my profile and it will appear on the main page?

Zaxley Nash
    Zaxley Nash
    Keymaster

I’ll check your permissions

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

I figured it out, and replied to you via facebook. Thanks for upgrade, not going to mess with anything at all bro, you know that, but saw the admin area and posts. When I can get to it, soon I hope, I can update the THumb Toast page, and place it within the main Toast page as a link, rather than the drop down menu on old site. I also saw the “Write” button on top right and click it, which brings me to creating a post, which I will field test soon 🙂

Zaxley Nash
      Zaxley Nash
      Keymaster

I have some menu restructuring ahead, but it wont affect you updating the page at all. You didn’t have the write on the right button? I’ve had that, thought all authors for the site did lol

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

I probably did, and it appears on my own wordpress pages, but not awake enough and looking at the site closer than I have in prior days it escaped me–so may not be a technical error on site end, but my own. Apologies for crap eyeballs this morning, and you doing things you didnt plan, but still having some issues health wise.

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

Concerning posts, I was not only considering finishing up the Toast album soon, but a test post on this new site of actual Field Research– wild foraging and hiking I have done of late

Zaxley Nash
    Zaxley Nash
    Keymaster

That’d be cool. I have a bit coming soon called “The Tribe of the Sunburned Beer Belly” about beach life. The beach is like my religion you savvy

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

WOW!!! Can I become a member of the Tribe of the Sunburned Beer Belly? LOL 🙂 The woods are my own religion, and I do savvy, probably as the beach is to you. I posted pics of our local beach in my facebook album yesterday. I microdosed fungi, and went woodswalking looking for edible fungi. I ended up sitting on the beach toward the end of my jaunt writing about a dozen pages in my notebook yesterday. I later transcribed the notes into a document and may post it as an article on our site or elsewhere– a bit concerning how getting out into Nature can be healing.

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

Saw a typo in reply above but seems I cannot edit it — no worries you catch my drift I am sure….

Anthony Burdge
    Anthony Burdge

Going to make some coffee as tea is not cutting it this morning….be back later but am curious where our other admins are, be nice to get them to field test along with me…no dig to them just an observation

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.