On the campaign trail with Yvette Keller
Eight candidates. Two elimination rounds before the final. In the first round, Victoria and Rosie proved they knew were their towels are. Voting for round two has already started, and we find four more froods vying for the illustrious title and honor of representing us as our the 2021 Towel Day Ambassador.
Galactic Hitchhikers spoke with Yvette about her plans as Towel Day Ambassador
“Time is an illusion, unless you’re hungry. Then, it’s lunchtime. Or if you’re the 2021 Towel Day Ambassador. Then, it’s Go Time. “Go Where,” you may well ask. Towel Day Ambassadors represent the works of Douglas Adams and the interests of his Fans around the world. I’ve been to more than 42 places from the novels and I hope to share this experience with as many bipedal lifeforms as possible.”
Here’s just ten of the places I will share with you as your TDA:
- Islington, home of Arthur’s Cave, Fenchurch’s Flat, and many homes-of-Douglas.
- Harrod’s, perfectly restored on the Earth Mark II.
- Kate’s Corner of The Park, complete with lights that flicker and go out near Oslo.
- The Krikkit spaceship at Lord’s Cricket Grounds.
- “Arthur” the dish at Goonhilly Downs (sadly Pendragon, not Dent).
- Repository of the Guide’s Financial Records, aka Glastonbury Tor.
- Valhalla, aka The Old Midland Grand Hotel, aka the St. Pancras Hotel.
- Fenchurch Street Station, hanky-panky at your discretion.
- The scenic film sites at the Village of Buntingford.
- Douglas’ Final Resting Place
Choose me as your Towel Day Ambassador and I will share the joy of Adamsian Literary Tourism with you!
Learn more about Yvette on her website, yvettekeller.com/forty-two-places
Round Two voting has started
Rengaw the Vogon, Lori, Michael, or Yvette, who will move forward to the next round? Which of these froods can show us where their towels are, and become the 2021 Towel Day Ambassador? Watch the videos below, and visit the Towel Day Ambassador Contest page on Facebook to cast your vote!
What is the Towel Day Ambassador Contest?
Each year since 2011 Hitchhiker fans and Douglas Adams fanatics vote to democratically decide on a representative for Earth as the Intergalactic Towel Day Ambassador. Contestants are asked to make a two minute YouTube video, explaining why they would be right for the job.
While the Contest is run independently by our friends over at the Towel Day Ambassador Contest page, here at Galactic Hitchhikers it’s one of our most sacred institutions. In our community there are no former Ambassadors, once elected they have the job for life.
While the real prize is the honor of representing our fandom, this year Galactic Hitchhikers is teaming up with ZZ9.org to provide some hoopy swag to this year’s new Ambassador. Read more here. Head over to the Towel Day Ambassador page on Facebook, Round Two of voted has already started!
Round 2. Help determine the Intergalactic Towel Day Ambassador for Earth. Select the corresponding emoji to vote for…
Posted by Towel Day Ambassador Contest on Wednesday, March 31, 2021