On the Campaign Trail with Rengaw
Galactic Hitchhikers asked Towel Day Ambassador 2021 candidate Regaw about Towel Day, and the contest this year.
“Towel Day means nothing to me, because every day is Towel Day for a real Hitchhiker and I’m no real Hitchhiker- death’s to good for them. But, don’t you think it’s damn time the whole earth thing is over? Like, wouldn’t this place in Spacetime be better for a bypass? Or wouldn’t you at least like to bypass the next few years with all that post-pandemic, political, economical and cultural struggle? Then listen to some Vogon Poems, your brain will need years to get back on track, so when (or IF) you wake up in some years, humanity may have gone past this already and you find yourself in a new utopia… or dystopia. Who cares? Vote ME!!!”
Regaw's campaign promises as Towel Day Ambassador
If you Vote Rengaw you’ll have to expect a turn around your small unregarded yellow sun full of
- Brain-smashing poems on a regular basis
- A reoccurring Vogon Poetry Slam with no prizes to win whatsoever.
- A lot of violent but completely empty threats, as there won’t be enough lyric appreciations chairs for all of you.
- The possibility of shortening the official bureaucratic way to get your grandmother eaten by the Bugblatter Beast of Traal by leaving out form A48.
- No regards for your feelings, what are those anyway?
- Unexpected advertising for goblin memoires.
- Expectable cameos of the bastard great grandsons of Disaster Areas Hotblack Desatio (in short: terrible loud metal, mostly German – because what’s worse than loud metal? Right, loud German metal) Oh, also some classical guitar riffs.
Also don’t fall for that impostor humans that copy MY Vogon threats to make themselves appear more amiable. There is no one who can read Vogon lyric except for a Vogon, everything else would be cultural appropriation, and you wouldn’t like that, would you?
Round Two voting has started
Rengaw the Vogon, Lori, Michael, or Yvette, who will move forward to the next round? Which of these froods can show us where their towels are, and become the 2021 Towel Day Ambassador? Watch the videos below, and visit the Towel Day Ambassador Contest page on Facebook to cast your vote!
What is the Towel Day Ambassador Contest?
Each year since 2011 Hitchhiker fans and Douglas Adams fanatics vote to democratically decide on a representative for Earth as the Intergalactic Towel Day Ambassador. Contestants are asked to make a two minute YouTube video, explaining why they would be right for the job.
While the Contest is run independently by our friends over at the Towel Day Ambassador Contest page, here at Galactic Hitchhikers it’s one of our most sacred institutions. In our community there are no former Ambassadors, once elected they have the job for life.
While the real prize is the honor of representing our fandom, this year Galactic Hitchhikers is teaming up with ZZ9.org to provide some hoopy swag to this year’s new Ambassador. Read more here. Head over to the Towel Day Ambassador page on Facebook, Round Two of voted has already started!
Round 2. Help determine the Intergalactic Towel Day Ambassador for Earth. Select the corresponding emoji to vote for…
Posted by Towel Day Ambassador Contest on Wednesday, March 31, 2021