On the Campaign Trail with Rosie E. Posie
Galactic Hitchhikers reached out to 2021 Towel Day Ambassador Rosie E. Posie on the campaign trail, she tells us her plans for the illustrious title if she should win. Rosie definitely knows where her towel is, but is she hoopy enough to be our next Towel Day Ambassador?
You decide. Voting starts soon, and will be announced on the Towel Day Ambassador Contest page, on Facebook. Make sure to head over and follow their page.
“After 12 months (and counting!) of this jujuflop of a situation we Earthlings find ourselves in, Towel Day is a chance for froods and strags alike to come together in community, hold our towels aloft and celebrate all the amazing and wonderful gifts our dear friend Douglas left us. It would be my honor to serve as your ambassador and help you party like it’s the end of the universe! (Hopefully it won’t actually end once we’re done, of course. Otherwise it might be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable…)”
Rosie E. Posie
The plans were on display
With Rosie E. Posie as TDA, we will…
- Show support for our public libraries by hosting a live reading of our favorite bits from the novels at the local library (where Rosie first discovered the Hitchhiker’s Guide 20 short years ago)
- Host an open mic night where talented froods can perform their favorite Hitchhiker- or Douglas Adams-related songs (if anyone can get me in touch with Disaster Area’s management team I’d really appreciate it…)
- Cosplay it up at the H2G2 Character Costume Contest – dress as your favorite character (Arthur? TV or movie Zaphod? Brunette or blonde Trilllian? You decide!) The best costume(s) will win a prize maybe!
- Smash some brains out at the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster recipe contest – submit your recipe and our judges will decide whose is the Best in Existence (or at least on Earth)!
- Educate the American public on how to brew an actual good cup of tea, instead of – as most Americans do – concoct a liquid that is almost, but not entirely, unlike tea.
“We will consult the instructions left by Douglas Adams to guide us…and, if we find we’ve had a bit too much fun after all that, I suppose we can still have the traditional Vogon poetry contest. Wait! Where are you going? I was just setting up an appreciation chair for you!”
What is the Towel Day Ambassador Contest?
Each year since 2011 Hitchhiker fans and Douglas Adams fanatics vote to democratically decide on a representative for Earth as the Intergalactic Towel Day Ambassador. Contestants are asked to make a two minute YouTube video, explaining why they would be right for the job.
While the Contest is run independently by our friends over at the Towel Day Ambassador Contest page, here at Galactic Hitchhikers it’s one of our most sacred institutions. In our community there are no former Ambassadors, once elected they have the job for life.
While the real prize is the honor of representing our fandom, this year Galactic Hitchhikers is teaming up to provide some hoopy swag to this year’s new Ambassador. Read more here. Make sure you head over to like and follow the Towel Day Ambassador page on Facebook to be the first to hear when voting starts!